Everything You Need to Know about Twitter and Tweeting
UPDATED October 2013
By: Hillel Fuld
This post is going to be a little different. Over the past three years, ever since I joined Twitter (Follow me here), I, along with many people I know, have had a lot of questions about the micro blogging service. I have tried to cover the topic from all possible angles, and when I am asked about Twitter, I generally send the person an email with a whole long list of links to posts I have written.
I decided it was time to put all that Twitter material into one place, so if someone has a question or simply does not get it, I will be able to refer them to this post.
The questions I have been asked and asked myself have been anything from “What is the point of Twitter?”, “I signed up, now what?”, “Who do I follow?”, “How do I get people to follow me?”, to “Why do I want to know what you are eating or when you go to the bathroom?” and “Why do I need Twitter if I have Facebook?”
I tried to make the titles of the posts clear and obvious enough so you know what to expect. Most of them are organized into lists, so they are easier to digest. I hope you find the information useful and of course, feel free to pass it on to anyone who does not yet get the Twitter concept.
The following is a list of Twitter articles (plus two bonus posts at the end) that should answer any question you have about the micro blogging service that has gone viral over the past few years:
- Top 6 Ways to Benefit from Twitter
- Top 5 Reasons to Tweet
- Ten Things you Must Know before Using Twitter
- Top 5 Steps after Joining Twitter
- Five Ways Twitter Imitates Real Life
- The Greatness of Twitter
- 7 Valuable Lessons Twitter Has Taught Me About Life
- Correct, There are No Rules to Twitter. Except These, of Course
- You Finally Started Tweeting? Great! Here is the Only Tip You Need to Know
- Yes, I Tweet and Share the Same Post More than Once, Get Over it. In Fact, You Should Do the Same
- Top 5 Ways To Optimize your Twitter Network
- 5 Ways To Guarantee You Won’t Get Followed Back on Twitter
- The First 99 People to Follow on Twitter
- The Next 88 People to Follow on Twitter
- Twitter: To Follow Back or not To Follow Back? How to Decide!
- A Twitter Tip that Changes Everything
- 9 Advanced Twitter Tips
- Five Myths/Misunderstandings about Social Media
- How Social Media Completely Changed Overnight
- 11 Things to Avoid When Using Twitter
- 5 Twitter Practices People Have to Stop Doing
- 6 Twitter Tips You Should Have Figured Out on Your Own
- Twitter and Social Media Mistakes that Drive Everyone Nuts
- How to Spot a Social Media Faker in Ten Seconds
- 6 Blatant Lies You Are Being Sold about Social Media
- Finally Joined Twitter? Please PLEASE Don’t Make These Mistakes
- Dear Marketers, Please Stop Misusing Hashtags.
- Startups: Here is How NOT to Market Yourself on Twitter! (PHOTOS)
- My New Social Media Pet Peeve: Group Tagging. Don’t Do It. Ever!
- Top 5 Twitter Apps for your Mobile Phone
- 18 Features I’d Expect to See from the Perfect iPhone Twitter App
- Four Unfortunate Ways Twitter Is Killing Tweetdeck
- Two New Tweetdeck Features that Change the Game
- A List of Interviews with Superstars Made Possible by Twitter
- 8 Social Media Treasures We Learned from Old Spice
- Five Rules Businesses Must Follow To Succeed on Twitter
- 10 Modern Dilemmas Twitter Presents on a Daily Basis
- How Keter, a Plastic Company, Turned me into a Life-Long Customer using Twitter
- Twitter in 2007: If You Want Some Perspective on Tech and Web Companies, Watch This Video
I would love to hear your thoughts on some or all of the above articles. Please drop a comment below or reach out to me on Twitter with your feedback. As always, thanks for reading.