I have been using Twitter for some time now and I’ve been trying out different desktop clients. Some of them include Tweetdeck , Twhirl and others. I have found that they are all over packed with features that the average user will never use. All the features make the interface very crowded and hard to use.
Twittastic to the rescue!
Twittastic is an easy to use client that looks like the Web-based Twitter. It has many cool features that do not overload the interface. These include:
- Drag and drop image uploads to www.twitpic.com.
- Take screenshots of parts of your screen and upload. Double click required.
- Capture your webcam and send straight to Twitpic.
- Infinite scrolling into past messages using a database. You can leave it running overnight.
- Drag and drop file uploads straight into www.drop.io.
- One click short URLs. Reads what you have copied and pastes the result.
- Text based emoticons as seen here.
- Ability to shut up for 30′ minutes. So you can brainstorm undistracted.
The developer is a funny guy. You can follow him at www.twitter.com/KCorax
It’s light and easy to use with a single downside; no MAC version.
Check it out – http://www.twittastic.net/